News & Activities
Conference associate #MoChWo1601
Kathmandu Institute of Applied Sciences (KIAS) is organizing an international conference on “Mountains in the Changing World” in Kathmandu, Nepal on October 1-2, 2016. KIAS invites applications for the post of Conference Associate.
Start date: Immediately
Application due: Until the position is filled (closed)
Conference associate will contribute to Conference Secretariat’s ability to achieve its overall goal through strategic support to the Conference Convener. The Conference Associate will report to the Convener of the conference and will work closely with the organizing and scientific committee. Main activities of the associate include:
- Make strategies for conference promotion;
- Develop networks of academic and research institutions;
- Design and develop promotion materials;
- Promote KIAS journal
- Other works assigned by the convener
- Master Degree in Environment Science or Environmental Management or other related disciplines;
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills (English and Nepali);
- Experience of scientific event management, research publication and logistical planning;
- Excellent attention to details, interpersonal skills, and ability to handle multiple tasks and work under limited time
Interested candidates are advised to submit application online below.
Dr. Basant Giri
Convener, MoChWo conference ([email protected])
About KIAS: KIAS is a science based multidisciplinary research institution in Nepal founded by a group of Nepali scientists with proven excellence in scientific researches that range from biodiversity and climate change to development of new technologies for chemical and biological analyses. KIAS prioritizes multidisciplinary research—both fundamental and applied sciences— through its constituting research centers. At the same time, KIAS aims at creating enabling environment to link scientific knowledge with decision making process.
KIAS is committed to gender equality and diversity. Well qualified candidates, particularly females are STRONGLY encouraged to apply.